Whatever goals, we have as a church, whatever we accomplish, we feel strongly that certain values need to guide us in how we accomplish those things. The values by which God has called us to live are these:
- All people matter to God, and therefore they need to matter to us – that means that we will welcome you no matter what your gender, race, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, or cultural background.
- Love is the foundation of all mission; if people do not experience love among us then our accomplishments do not really matter.
- Structure must always submit to Spirit; as important as order and structure are, we must go where God’s spirit is moving us.
- Prayer is the cornerstone of Christian ministry and life.
- The Bible is the authoritative guide for our life and work.
- We are one body called to love one another with open and honest communication.
- Authenticity frees people and glorifies God- We believe in keeping it real, with ourselves, with each other, and with God
- Relevance to culture is an option – We do not want to be a place that separates people from the cultures around us; instead we want to engage creatively with them.
- Full devotion to Christ is the norm of Christian life, and what we are called to nurture in one another.
- Mission is to the church as fire is to burning – You cannot have one without the other – a church not reaching out, and sharing the love of God with our world is no church at all.
- Nothing is impossible with God.